Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Lil Blue!!!!

Friday Flashback to 16 January 1991- wee hours of the morning. I was back up for nightly relief and feeling something was amiss because I had done more then tinkle. Hmmmm, I had lost my mucas plug, w/o a lot of details, it was IMO a bit more then that and at home alone in the middle of the night I was a bit frightened; so I called the “nurseline”. They suggested I come in to be checked and make sure all was well. After dressing and hopping in the car for the drive over to the base hospital I thought to myself, I sure hope I don’t need anything besides me. After all, my due date wasn’t until 22 February… At 11:33 a.m. a tiny little girl entered the world, she weighed in at 5#s 9oz. She was 19 inches long. While she was considered preterm, she was not premature, she was absolutely perfect in every way, 10 fingers, 10 toes, dark full head of hair, and a cute button nose, I was thrilled! I had just birthed totally w/o drugs, partly because I wanted to and partly because it just went very quickly and I didn’t have time to change my mind!

This is Unlce G, MiBs identical twin, who was the first of family to arrive within an hour of her birth.

Since it was the wee hours of the morning, the ER folks sent me upstairs for “monitoring” I was monitored throughout the night, the doctor showed up around 8:00 a.m. and “checked” me, then said we are going to have a baby today, I told him we could not have a baby today it was too soon and that I wanted to go home. He said too late, you are in labor (they had internal and external monitors on but I really wasn’t’ feeling the contractions) and that baby is coming out today. It was then I started to get a tad bit panicky, I was alone at the hospital and no one even knew it…and now they were telling me I was going to have the baby.

Quickly phone calls were made to family in MO, they would be leaving ASAP. Local phone calls to church family were made and “sisters” were on their way. Within minutes of the “sisters” arriving, the baby was coming and MO family arrived within a few hours of her birth. It was not at all how I planned it, it was very emotional and knowing that my husband missed it made me all the more weepy.

“They” were able to get a line through to MiB so I did get to talk with him. All I could really tell him was that she was beautiful. He says he knew something was up because he had called the house in the night and no one answered; then when he was woke up and told to go wait for a phone call he said he just had that feeling something was going on. He was relieved to learn all was well.

What I didn’t know was that “the war” broke out. That was not revealed to me until the next morning, when I was being discharged from the base hospital because they are deploying the med folks. My family had kept the TV off in my room, I had no idea, they didn’t want me to worry, yeah right!

LilBlue has been dubbed “Stormy” since she was born the day Desert Storm began turns 18 today, Happy Birthday sweetheart, God truly blessed us the day you were born! 143

Come join the photo phun over at Carrie's place; you'll be glad you did!!!

9 comments:

Ann On and On... said...

I read your post out loud to my husband and got a bit weepy...a good weepy. Thanks for sharing the great story. Stormy- great nickname.

Happy B-day Stormy! (Lilblue)

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Sweet story! Happy birthday Stormy!

Susie said...

Wow!! Sweet story and great pictures!!

Frizzy said...

Oh my goodness! Love this story. I didn't know. What is scary is that she was born the year I graduated. UGH! Scary times then but happy memories now. Miss you! Happy Birthday Stormy!

Anonymous said...

what a great story......and a cute babe!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Stormy! What a sweet story....

Brenda said...

What a great story.

Swirl Girl said...

today is my daughter's birthday as well. She is five today.

Happy Birthday to Stormy!

Candid Carrie said...

Oh, it is a great story. I love happy endings and/or sweet beginnings.