Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday Thoughts!

WOW...it's the first day of a brand new year, so I thought that also called for a brand new layout!

Thoughts for today

  • I was up shortly after midnight last night (thanks LilBlue!)
  • I had french toast for brunch today, yummy!
  • LilBlue still has a lingering cough...
  • 2009 will bring about several changes--empty nesters.
  • Still going to be working hard in 2009; those darn 5#s

So do you make resolutions? I do not, have not for some time, but if you do I hope you have success with them, unfortunately most people do not.

I mostly hope you will find contentment in 2009, real peace in your life, honesty about where you are, where you're going and how you are going to get there. I think I have shared this before but I find a lot of comfort in Jeremiah 29:11--"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God is faithful, I try to be faithful to Him, it's sometimes discouraging but when I look back on hard times in our past I see His faithfulness and that spurs me on.

blessings!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Happy New Year to you too!! I hope you have a great 2009:-)