Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday Thoughts!

Here we are in the first week of the new year and I feel change in the air...of course, I will take it with a grain of salt because change is constant in our world, but it still causes me to ponder, to wonder the "what ifs?" What I have found is that I live in a constant state of change a "holding pattern" if you will. I have always felt this way but the other day I verbalized it to MiB and he was amazed I felt that way. I mean that thought has been swirling around in my head for eons and I thought for sure I had said it in front of him...but I guess not.

I don't dislike this "HP" thing because I think I have just come to accept it. I mean after a few years of living it, it is the norm but it is definitely how I feel. I realize I have felt this way since MiB enlisted in the USAF and we waited word on our first assignment while he was in tech school. Then with that very first move with the USAF I could not go with him since "concurrent travel" had not been approved. Basically, we were moving to a foreign country and had no place to live so MiB had to go first and secure housing for us and then I could come. It was a process that left me hanging in the states for 8 weeks or so. I flew for the first time, alone, half way across the US to Philadelphia then on to Terceira Island in the Azores, Portugal. Talk about a culture shock! No phones, water on even days, electricity that was off more then on and kerosene heaters for warmth.

I won't say it was the best assignment we ever had but it was a great assignment on many levels...we were newlyweds and this was a remote island, no one was running home or calling parents when something went a muck, we only had each other and God. I personally think it was divine planning that gave our marriage a rock solid foundation - one that has kept us grounded for nearly 24 years.

THURSDAY THOUGHTS:
  • God is in control

That's it, just one this week :0)

2 comments:

Susie said...

It's interesting to read about how other's live:-)

Frizzy said...

I have felt this way more than I like to admit myself. That said, it doesn't make it any easier. I miss our life in the USAF. I really do and so does Bird. I do not know what you all are facing and I pray it's not a long deployment apart or another move. You just got settled. That said, I will be here if you need to talk. You are so right about God's plan and intervention. We have felt that way about our marriage and time away from our family. Please know I'm here if you just want to voice your thoughts. Miss you and being able to talk face to face.