Friday, November 9, 2012

Oh what a day!

It started early and ended late. I have pictures to share of the most interesting part of the day...

Let me set the stage. The email said in part:

The activity will be "no skills required, no tools required" but may involve glitter.

It went on to say:

We will meet at XXX to assemble centerpieces - no expertise required just willing hands.

Riiiiiight...

I'm telling you I am NOT the crafty one. I am a good worker bee with the right visual aid to follow! But creative, crafty talent  I do not really possess; anyway, I showed up to do my part! So TEAM DB was formed for the morning. We set out on the mission we were given... painting "bulbs", then we moved on to pine cones, and lastly sticks. We did end up doing our share of bottles since a few boxes were found undone towards the end and we non bottle painters pitched in so we could wrap this work group up for the day!

And personally, I think the email was a little bit misleading you DID need skill! But I think I was a quick learner and much was accomplished and we are looking good for the centerpieces for the holiday party.


 The BWBs
 
 Team DB painted pine cones! FYI the silver ones were classy!

 Our bottle stash!
 There were also wine glasses that got an Epsom rim dip.
 
 
 LODE takes us through the bottle blinging process
  • Spray the adhesive on the bottle
  • Roll the bottle in Epsom salts
  • Spray again
 
 After spraying the second time you can add glitter!

 J-Vet shows off the finished bottle masterpiece!

Miss LODE and J-Vet were bottle masterpiece creators extraordinaire. We have over 60 bottles done; I think that's about half way to our needed number. I can forsesee another workday in our future and I can tell you two things: I will wear older shoes and bring gloves! I will also pray for a non windy day.

 RR on bottle duty!

 
 There was a lot of washing up going on!!!

 Casualties of the day...

Thankfully, MiB was at home getting a change of clothes and was able to being me a pair of black shoes since I was on my way to meet him at the CCAF graduation. Thankful also that RR had goo-gone and I was able to clean up my hands to be able to at least be a little more public ready. 

The day ended well with dinner at a new Mexican place for us, Tito's. MiB did enjoy it, I had been there a few weeks ago and liked it just fine as well, so far we gave it the only thumbs up for a Mexican restaurant in this area.

I am hoping for a pretty great weekend, we will be attending the Marine Corps Ball tomorrow night with the ENA crew. Pretty excited about that. Pics will follow :) Have a great weekend.  

No comments: