Friday, October 31, 2008

10.30.2008 Daytrip

The Man in Blue and I took a daytrip yesterday to a little town in Iowa so we could visit a real Danish windmill, it is the only working Danish windmill in the U.S. This little town is also the largest rural settlement of Danish immigrants in the U.S. It was really neat!

There were a lot of stairs to climb to go all the way to the top, it reminded me of visiting lighthouses when we lived on the East Coast.
We also drove on up to Kimballton, Iowa to see the replica of "the little mermaid" When we were in Italy I had wanted to make it to Copehagen, Denmark to see it in person but since our time there was cut short we didn't make it.

My Man in Blue and me!

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

I would love to have been on this trip/excursion with you all. Too fun. It reminded me of trips in Europe too. I thought the stairs were going to remind you of climbing bell towers or to the top of the Duomo in Florence or something. That's what I get for assuming. Tee hee