Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Updates...

Before the surgery...we loved the "blue shoes" they made us think of Papa Smurf!
16 October-Thursday-the surgery went as well as it could, but the results were not as good as we had hoped for. A very long night with little to no rest in the hospital.

17 October-Friday-Removal of catheter and waiting for over 8 hours for him to void with no success. Recathed him and allowed to go home with a scheduled appointment to see the doctor on Tuesday, 21 October.

21 October-Tuesday-doctor appointment with biopsy results confirming the prostate cancer-it is a more aggressive type then originally thought. At this point the doctor feels the lymph nodes are clear but it is unclear as to other areas, i.e. bone, nearby tissue. The catheter is removed and we are hopeful that things will now work. The doctor is concentrating on getting him to the point he can void on his own. Right now the treatment of the prostate cancer itself is on hold as they address the issue of being unable to void without the catheter. Treatment options will be discussed next Tuesday, 28 October.

22 October, back to the ER to be recathed...voiding on his own was not successful.

There are so many other details...suffice to say, it is an uncertain journey ahead, God is in control, of this we are certain. There have been laughs, tears, more laughs and more tears and I am sure there will be more tears and laughs to come. Some of the days ahead will without a doubt be a struggle and we will face them head on. Our faith is strong and we trust in the one who holds the future and we know that our future is eternity.

3 comments:

Frizzy said...

Hey, I've been praying and wondering how things were going. I'm sorry to hear the news wasn't as y'all had hoped. More sad that your dad has to have the catheter. UGH! Maybe, the swelling just needs to be allowed to go down and all will be ok. In the mean time I was going to add him to a prayer blog that Anissa just started but wasn't sure if I should. Plus, I don't know his name. Here's the address if you want to add it yourself. http://anissaserenity.blogspot.com/

Hugs to you all. My prayers continue to come your way and to his Dr.s for wisdom as well.

Bettina said...

Thanks Nichole, appreciate your encouragement and prayers! I will visit the prayer blog too.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Thanks for coming by my prayer blog -- I'm going to add him to my post and link to you. Sorry to hear about everything. My grandpa went though that type of cancer in 91 -- so I know what you going through there. Keeping him in my prayer.

Much Love
Anissa