Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Well, here we are still hemmed in with brisk weather and more on the way, in fact we are getting our third winter storm this evening and it's NOT even winter yet...go figure, seems to reason it would be this way when I am manless :)

Onto the thoughts...

  • I ran 4 miles yesterday
  • I seriously need to get wrapping
  • I have no use for brussel sprouts
  • I am ready to be with the family for Christmas break
  • I am sporting 5 extra pounds since Turkey Day and I didn't even eat the turkey :(

I truly envision having a fabulous evening while "the storm" hits and then anticipate the roads being travel worthy tomorrow so we can head on down to MO for Christmas. I think we are ready to go but if the weather is not good we will wait a few days and head out on Monday when the next break in weather is supposed to be. Internet is not so readily available while I am there so updates will be in short supply.

Oh, and the latest on Papa Smurf is that hormone therapy continues, possibly another surgery in January and also radiation should start in January. He will go 5 days a week for 6 weeks. He is feeling good, though still weak and not able to be as active as he was, his strength has just not returned like he would like and he plays out pretty quickly. We are thankful he is doing as well as he is! I know that prayers are sustaining not only him but all of us in his world!

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

4 miles YOU GO GIRL! Hang in there dad. No fun but it will all be worth the fight in the end! Feel better soon. Be safe in your travels.