Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Scrubbed...

The shuttle launch was scrubbed...who knew it would be scrubbed not once but TWICE. Anywho, the latest and greatest is that the new launch date will be on 11 July. I will keep you posted and if you are planning to be here we will have all three guests rooms open as LilBlue will be back in MO going through orientation for school this fall, getting her classes, going to the VCYF and visiting the Bud in NE.

In other news I will be going to my first rocket launch tomorrow afternoon. I understand I will be close enough to "feel it in my chest" which sounds pretty exciting and scary all in one, I will let you know about that afterwards and post some pictures as well. We will be viewing the launch from on top of the MOC. I wish I could tell you what that stood for but then I would have to kill you so I can't :) Actually, I do not even know what it stands for but I am planning to find out tomorrow, then I will fill you in; but I do know I am not allowed to have any food or drink while I in this facility so it must be one of those sanitized environments!

I think we are going to enjoy the pool this afternoon and then we have a 101 class at the church we have been going to this evening so we can learn all about it and see if we still want to sign on. The last couple churches we have gone to have had these classes and while I understand it, it is such a change from the old days of going to a new church for awhile, checking out the Sunday School classes to see if you like it enough to walk the aisle to "move your letter". I think I am what some would consider old school :)

2 comments:

Susie said...

Better to scrub the launch then lose some people but, it is still disappointing.

Bettina said...

Oh, yes, yes, yes, Susie, we always want to be safe :)