Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday Thoughts!

Oh my, what a week, getting up to speed in Florida is interesting, I had a hurricane briefing yesterday...first time for everything and this was a first for me, I have lived in areas of blizzards (we had three while in CO), tornados (can you say OK), and tropical storms (Azores, VA) but the possibility of a hurricane has me a bit edgy. The whole evacutaion thing has me slightly concerned, I mean you have to wait for official word to go, then find a place to go and go with EVERYONE else. Pray that you choose to go the right way, cause the hurricane's path may change. And consider that I will do this alone as my MiB would be here riding out the storm. Did I mention we live out on one of the barrier islands? Yeah, it is great, close to the beach and all, but also where the hurricane comes!

Oh well, I will be putting together my hurricane kit and evacuation bag as soon as I get the closet finished. Most everything else is adequately organized and put away, the kitchen it still not really flowing for me but each time I cook in it I move things to help that. The other main rooms are as good as they are going to get, we simply do not have the furniture to fill a home this big and I am not going to go buy it since who knows how big our next place will be. The closets are still in need of help, but I am tackling the master bedroom one and then leaving the others for a later date, I would also like to get the garage more put away, we will hopefully work on that this weekend.

Beach trips have been plentiful and yesterday lil Blue and I body surfed, which was pretty fantabulous, the water was perfect, rolling with soft waves and we had a blast! Minus the bird that tried to steal our box of Triscuits. I tell you it was a persistent thing, first time it WAS our fault for leaving the box open on the blanket, but then the little bugger tried to pull the closed box out of our bag; it was a good thing I had stuck my cell phone down in the side of the box or he would have flown off with them. Course I guess if he had been bigger I would have been hosed as he flew off with my cell phone in the cracker box! The third time I buried them in the bottom of our bag and covered them with a towel, my cover up and lil Blue's clothes; he still tried to get at them. Finally, we folded up the blanket and laid it over the bag and put the beach umbrella over that and he left them alone. I am sure we were a sight as we tried to run out of the water to shoo him away!

Thoughts:
  • Only three more radiation treatments!!
  • Be careful with your crackers on the beach!
  • I enjoy the beach but NOT the sand in my car.
  • I am glad lil Blue is here, she's a great beach bum.
  • There are golfer's from sun up to sun down in my backyard!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Sounds like you live in paradise:-)