Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Thoughts!

F L O R I D A

While I am thrilled to be here, it is a different pace then I anticipated and the community is much more mature then I was expecting as well; therefore I have made some observations that I will share!
  • There are NOT orange trees everywhere!
  • A lot of people here cannot see over the steering wheel.
  • There are many people here that have very little or no hair.
  • What hair they do still have is in various shades of gray/blue.
  • I understand why our insurance premiums more then doubled.

Later today we are going to see the Atlas V rocket launch today! It will be exciting and I will post some pictures later from this adventure! And if you should be wondering, the 101 class at the church was really good and we think this will be the place for us. They are mission minded and definitely think outside the walls which is something we like and feel is important so now we will be looking at small groups to try out and find our niche!

1 comment:

Susie said...

It's hard getting used to a new place.