Sunday evening as LilBlue was heading back to school, she had tire trouble and thankfully there were people to help. Now, this is not to say it didn't come without a price (think BIG towing bill) and some lessons, hopefully, learned. She knows our thoughts on frequent weekend travels and also what we consider to be the smart way to do it. While we feel she disregarded both, no matter the tire would have most likely been a problem eventually. So we are moving forward and again, hopefully, feel it is a lesson learned. Growing up is called "growing" for a reason I suppose.
Monday evening we were at a gathering and MiB choked on a piece of dry chicken...really, he was choking, as in, complete airway blocked, could not speak, not breathing type choking, it was quite an intense situation, thankfully, there were three nurses and a doctor at this event along with a bigger guy, named Paul, who did his best with what he knew to perform an abdominal thrust that helped move the chicken. Even then he still had trouble breathing and we ended up in the ER. My MiB is a very blessed man for sure.
Thoughts on Thursday:
- Basic first aid training is way under rated!
- Going away gatherings are uncomfortable...
- WooHoo night shuttle launch this weekend!
- I dislike dealing with car repair long distance
- I love new recipes that turn out f a b u l o u s !
As a side note, there is some debate on the methods of how to actually treat a choking victim. The latest recommendations seem to indicate that five sharp back blows should be utilized first before attempting the abdominal thrusts. Either way, it is important to know what to do, so I say again, knowing some basic first aid is a great thing. Many employers require their employees to take these type courses yearly or at least refresher courses from time to time; many times people complain about it, but I am here to tell you, it is important stuff! So pay attention and learn it. You never know when it will be needed and you may be the only one who knows how to save someone elses life.
Thanks again to Paul! You truly are a lifesaver.