Tuesday, June 1, 2010

24

Not the FOX TV show, which I have never even seen, and don't even want to. Yep it's the 24 for us today as in it was 24 years ago on this date (1986, for those who are not quick w/the math skills) that I married the MiB. It's been sweet bliss since...well, for the most part...cause there was that one time, then there was also that day back when, and oh yeah, that one year when we almost...oh, okay, well you get the picture we are still together some days are more blissful then others but we hang in there. We took those vows seriously all those 24 years ago and here we are...it's 24 years later.

Believe it or not I am still in love with him, I still love him and he loves me. How 'bout that? He does get under my skin every now and then and I get cranky sometimes as well, but we make it work, every day, day in, day out. It's not a bed of roses, it's not a uphill hike, at least not everyday anyway, but there are days, it's real life in our life and no matter what you think it's not lovely every single day, but every day there is something to love. It works and most days it is no worries, that is our life, I live it, I love it.

I love you MiB, happy 24th!

3 comments:

Herb Henry said...

Congrats Betty and MiB. Thanks for coming to Teresa's kissoff. You are a wonderful couple and I'm proud to call you friends. Please visit us in Atlanta, and call Jason when you go through Oklahoma City. Let me know how you like Aimee. God Bless.

Frizzy said...

Congratulations to you both. 24 years is something! I hope you do something big to celebrate.

Susie said...

I hope you had a great anniversary! Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment:-)