Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

"God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus. He came to love, heal, and forgive. He lived and died to buy my pardon. An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives! Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, because He lives, all fear is gone! Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living just because He lives!"
 This is one of my all time favorite hymns. I certainly hope we will sing it today in worship time!

I hope you enjoy a wonderful, peaceful day. I am so thankful I celebrate a living risen Savior...

This little write up sums it up really well:
3 men, 3 crosses, 1 hill. One man cursed, one man prayed, one man promised. One died condemned, one died forgiven, one died innocent. One died in sin, one died to sin, one died for sin. One was held by death, one was released by death, one conquered death. One lost life, one gained life, one was life! HE IS RISEN!!! HE IS RISEN INDEED.  
We will gather at the folks today to share a meal and the 'kids' will do an egg hunt. While LilBlue was coming up we didn't focus on the chocolate, eggs and bunnies on Easter we tried to keep the main thing the main thing. In fact that is why she gets a Spring Basket on the day before so she will not think it's all about the Easter Basket. It's just our way of trying to keep it focused on the Risen Savior. Even at 20 we are still trying to impress upon her the important things, things that matter. I'm sure you have things you do to make your beliefs and values known to your children, I think it's important. I think it's personal, I think it's wonderful. I still pray for her many, many times daily to seek after God, to seek to please Him, to seek his counsel. I want her to want to be in fellowship with other believers, I want her to be connected in church. Church is a good thing, it's not a perfect setting, it's full of sinners but at least I like to believe it is full of sinners who realize they need God. Catch is, she has to want it too...I know when I was in college church was not one of my top priorities, but I always knew it was there and thankfully, I never totally left it out of my life, this is what I pray for her too. She may not be actively engaged right now, but I pray it's not always that way and that it is important enough to her to reengage again. I know she works on Sunday, I know it's easier to sleep in, I know, I know and I continue to pray. Pray that God will draw her, put people in her life to help her, to encourage her. 

Wow...sorry for the ramblings, thanks for letting me air those deep thoughts and HAPPY EASTER to you and yours!