Saturday, December 20, 2008

ICE

Well, today I shoveled more snow, I'd say a couple inches or so maybe more, it was hard to tell since the wind was/is blowing so much. It is COLD, like -15 with windchill, actual temp was 7. The bad thing is the layer of ice underneath the snow.

After shoveling the snow, I let what little bit of sun was out do it's thing while I warmed up and then headed back out to chip away at the ice. That my friends is not an easy task, I was using a shovel, not a snow shovel, more of a garden shovel. I was able to get the upper and lower steps done and most of our stoop and part of the landing. It's slow going and very hard on the hands.

Since tomorrow's high is going to be 0 and -30 with windchill not sure I will tackle the driveway. I am still uncertain when or even if we will head to MO this week. I don't really think we need to be out traveling in such bitter temps even if the roads have cleared. I just don't know yet. I don't even know if I am getting out to attend church in the morning.
Well, I am going to get a big bowl of veggie soup and warm up, I have been in for over an hour and am still quite chilled. I am listening to the wind whip violently against the house as I write. Ugh, it is supposed to do that all night long, I never sleep very well when the wind in whipping like this.
Hmmmm, I guess I will do a little future thinking and tell myself, "Lord willing, this time next year you will be in sunny Florida" yeah, that's it, that's what I'll do :)

1 comment:

Larry Malcom said...

Yeah, sunny Florida, That's what you need to do :)

Believe me when I say, SORRY :( that I have left you in that bad weather. I only wish I was there to snuggle with you in the cold...

Missing you LOTs and can't wait until you are here with me.