Monday, January 10, 2011

S N O W...

While not a "snow day" for us here it was for LilBlue in NE...she was uber thrilled, I was just thankful she made it home from work last night with no problems and she is safely tucked in for the duration of the storm. While I am thrilled she took on getting a job, it does cause me pause when she has to be out in weather such as this. I prefer she not have to but I also get that life is happening and she is a participant in it and this is part of life. Letting her grow up is rough...

Today, it is just snowing and snowing, looks like north of us and south of us are scoring a heavier layer of the beautiful white stuff but so far this is enough to make it look pretty here as well. I hope it doesn't cause too many issues for those who must be out in it. I myself was out first thing this morning before it was accumulating, however, by the time I made my return trip it was coming down heavier and starting to get just a bit slick. I was doing fine, going an acceptable speed, leaving distance between myself and the other vehicles on the road however, some of the other drivers were not and one was sliding around the curve and another was playing bumper car with the curb...slow and easy on days like today for EVERYONE people and you will still get there!


I think my beverage of choice today is going to be mugs of steaming hot tea!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Tea is on our menu too because it has been snowing here all morning!

Larry Malcom said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Only wish I was so we could snuggle a little bit!

Frizzy said...

Aw! I love that MiB is willing to share his heart with you like that. I wish he could be with you to snuggle too.

I've heard it said that letting go of our children is like watching our hearts walk around outside our body. Love you dear friend.