Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mighty 8TH 8 Miler and more...

It was a late night and an early morning but the weather was what MiB calls near perfect. He prefers a cooler rather then warmer day for running and a little mist doesn't bother him at all. In fact he likes a bit of mist!

Pre-race

Speech writer and fam :)

Lined up and ready to go!

 And they are off; it was a nice crowd!

 Done...

I was a bit disappointed in that I was not aware the race offered a 5K along with the 8 mile run. I know I would not have tackled 8 miles but I would have done a 5K. May not have made running the whole thing but I know I could have finished! Next time :) MiB would have liked to have made it in a little sooner however with all the travel we have done and little to no miles under his belt in the last few weeks I was impressed he even ran! But he is such the runner and competitor :) 

It was a full day as we left the race and shifted gears to head on to a cookout. (We did go home to clean up and change clothes first, cause I know you might have been wondering that!) The turnout was fabulous especially considering it was NOT cookout like weather. Just goes to show you it's not about the conditions! Everyone had a great time, we met some new folks and enjoyed baby holding, running after a few toddlers and vacuuming at the end! Many hands made light the work but a big shout out to the Sly Crew for spearheading a super fun event! So glad we could make it!

Then this evening we were at a another event for the 8th. The museum here that honors the 8th is in desperate need of some umph to make it a bit more then just a collection of really neat things in a smelly old building on an installation.  A very diligent, dedicated, active group has gotten together to bring the museum into a new home that will really be impressive someday.
 
The guest speaker for this event was a VietNam era war ace. He shared his combat skies experiences and can I just say, "WOW"! Amazing the things he shared! As impressive as he was I must make mention of the dessert...cause you know how I feel about cheesecake. (It's probably my favorite dessert of all time) Not to lessen the speaker but when the cheesecake was brought out I was a little distracted. I mean you could have talked about anything and I would have been okay! LOL


The presentation was beautiful...

Great events all day, whew, I'm tired and off to bed! Night all :) Tomorrow I am on chillaxin mode! After all, it is Mother's Day and I am a mother!

No comments: