Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I’m back in the Midwest!


I am thrilled to be back in the area with the family for the next several weeks. The big thing on my agenda is the 1930 CLASSIC birthday party for my dad. He will be 80 on 8 November so we are getting together to have a little celebration the weekend of his birthday. Due to circumstances beyond my control (and I guess lack of communication) lil blue will not be able to attend; ( this makes me sad but the party must go on. At present he is unaware of the celebration and no it is not a surprise party we have just really not told him about it…in due time he will be informed or find out on his own…that may be interesting, I just hope he doesn’t refuse to attend!

So there is not really a theme so to speak but we will focus on things from the year he was born. Some neat food items made their appearance in 1930! The Snickers Bar was introduced along with Zagnut candy bars. Wonder started slicing their bread and Jiffy biscuit mix hit store shelves as well as Hostess Twinkie!  Then there are some historical events that we will make note of and we will have a simple cake and punch come and go reception along with some memory sharing and making. It should be a wonderful good day! I will keep you informed of progress and day of happenings!

Have a great Monday, I am!

3 comments:

Frizzy said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. I hope you all have a wonderful celebration!

Do you remember Arian and Eric Johnson? He was in the Comm Squadron while we were in Italy too. She's in MO now too and thought it would be cool if you knew each other and could meet up. I still find it amazing that the 3 of us gals from MO all wound up stationed with our spouses in Aviano at the same time. LOVE IT!

Susie said...

Have a great time!

Bettina said...

I recall the name but can't seem to conjure up her face...give me more...where is she? I would love to meet up if we are close by even if we didn't know each other that well!