Friday, October 15, 2010

In and Out Burger - Creech


The long awaited trip to In and Out Burger is over…yes, it was worth the wait. While some said it was to die for, others said it was just a run of the mill burger joint and others scoffed at it being any good at all. I thought it was very tasty. Now I will say that I think it is no match for the White Grill in my home town but then again I think they fall into two totally different categories...so I would definitely go back to the In and Out Burger place again and next time I would order my burger "animal style"!

 Taking the first bite of my cheeseburger with grilled onions, mustard and pickles!

 One thing I did think was incredibly uber coolio was that the cups and burger wrapper had Bible verses on them, now how cool is that? For me, super cool!


After our In and Out lunch we headed northwest about 40 miles to a little base that used to be called Indian Springs but now it is called Creech. Lest you think I just had the wonderlust, cause I did not, (well, okay, I do but that was not the case in this instance) I was on a mission and well, I failed...yeah, I know. It was all about these friends in AL who had been stationed there back in the day and they loved him so very much that they planted a tree in his honor, I was on a mission to find it... and unless I missed it, (which I think I did not) it is no longer there. Sadly, his tree is gone or possibly still there and no longer marked cause I did not find any tree with his marker!


 Meet the newest "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" member!  Her tooth has been loose for days and today she was brave beyond measure and yanked it out all by herself! WooHoo, isn't a toothless child just the cutest thing?

 My afternoon entertainment was the oldest and youngest dancing! Too cute!

Tomorrow mySherry arrives and we begin the touristy part of the trip!

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

You do realize Creech is where Bird worked the last year we were stationed at Nellis. He might be able to answer your question about the tree. I know they've done a lot of work and expanding out there. Hopefull the tree was moved to a safe new home.

Bettina said...

I did not know Bird worked there!!! It was a fun adventure, I wish we would have been able to find it but it is okay :)