Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday Thoughts!

I'm knee deep in graduation season...what a great time to be able to be with family, graduating from high school was an awesome time in my life, you are so eager, young and excited about the next step in life. It is also a time of transition as you move into adulthood. Most of us "go off to college" and it's not easy, I know for me I was pretty homesick. I also started to realize my parents were a lot smarter then I had originally thought!!! I know I never had a really rebellious period in my teen years, and I stayed out of trouble, but I'm sure there were moments when I wasn't pleasant to live with. I know I thought my parents did not have a clue as to my life and what was important to me and what I wanted to do. Somewhere in my college years though things really clicked and I thought, wow, my folks are pretty smart! So I think that makes this an exciting time for families. What I am also loving is that I think LilBlue is at this stage...I love it, she is maturing and growing into such a lovely young adult, she has taken on responsibility like a champ, she is still learning and she is still growing into this world of adulthood, but she is doing great so far and I know she will continue to plug on and do her best. It is nice to see, observe her maturity at this stage. I like it way better then the mid-teen years and am thankful we made it through them and they are over!!!!!! PTL

Thoughts:
  • There is no Aldi in LA :(
  • There is Hobby Lobby though!
  • Church choices appear to be plentiful!
  • Double feature at the movies last night
  • I'm pretty much ready to be in my own house again!
Hope you are having a good week. Since it's been so unseasonably cool here, I'm wondering if we will see any Spring at all; we may go straight into summer! In fact it's been cool enough here that the heat has  kicked on the last two mornings. Somehow that seems wrong for mid-May!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Busy, busy, busy:-)

Frizzy said...

It's hard to believe how much has happened to you and your family this past year. I know it hasn't been easy but you've made the best of it and I'm so proud of you all.

I don't look forward to the teenage years with Yaya. Some days it seems they've already begun. UGH!