Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Random Dozen

I "borrowed" this from her...and yes, I really do know her in REAL life, so I feel completely sure she is totally cool with me "borrowing" it and she will probably comment that exact sentiment! That is just how cool she is!!!!

RANDOM DOZEN:

1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
Returning a phone call...do you know how much I dislike talking on the phone? I did get the call returned though so it's all good!

2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
It really depends on how tired I am, but most nights not that long, 20-30 minutes maybe, if I read quicker
. I sleep through the night for the most part, but I do usually need to get up and take care of a nature call and sometimes I have a hard time getting back to sleep, you really didn't need to know that did ya?

3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
Oh who knows, I am not what one would call a fashion conscious person, I do try to look presentable at all times but being fashionable is not one of my strong traits, I try to dress solid rather then trendy, I am rather out of fashion most of the time I do believe, oh well, I am presentable that is what I am!

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
Poppyseed chicken :)

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
No I am not a shopper, period, I do not like shopping, like I really dislike shopping, so I am NOT a shopper. Maybe this has something to do with me not being fashionable, we are onto something here! My last impulse purchase was key lime yogurt when I was only buying salad, and I usualy buy blueberry yogurt, ha!

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
Umm, yeah, about that, ya see, I have a sheet in the BIG red book stating my wishes for just this occasion, I know I am way weird but hey, I figure it is better to have it down and take the guess work out of it for those handling such things...one desire for this day would be to have a celebration of the life I was able to live. I have lived a life that has been full and to not celebrate this would be a shame so while some may grieve I pray they do not mourn, I will be with Jesus. I also have a list of songs I would like sang/played and certain scripture verses read, I call it advance planning, and it sort of falls in line with my very organized self!

7. If it's true that joy is found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
In a word: contentment...being content no matter the circumstances...Philippians 4:11 says it something like this I have learned to be content no matter my circumstances, that is how I keep my joy.

8. What is your favorite type of bread?
The "Weeds and Seeds" kind, in other words, anything whole grain, I love the healthy hearty stuff!

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)

Cynicism

10. What trait would you like most to develop?
Public speaking, I would like to be a little more polished in my ability to communicate in public instead of having my knees knock and voice crack, is that really a trait, I'm not really sure, but it is something I would like to do better at, maybe I should join toastmaster's or something.

11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?

I have no house...because I am homeless...however, before I was homeless I would say it was our bedroom, it was a sanctuary, it was comfortable, it was quiet, it was our space that we shared with no one, it was us.

12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?

Balance smalance...keep God first, then do what you love, love what you do and don't fret about the rest!

No comments: