Monday, August 22, 2011

So I could be excited but I'm not...

I am so thrilled we have found a church! That is ALWAYS, always a good thing in my world. I'm overjoyed I have found a suitable place for dry cleaning. That is always a great thing in MiBs world! I'm happy to know where the local post office, library and Hobby Lobby are. I have joy for the fact that I have met women here that will become good friends. Thanks God, I know you had a hand in that :) I love that MiB and I are together again. 

I will be so much more excited about being here when I can feel settled, when I can really find my routine and get in the groove. But right now I am not. I am just a bit down with the whole HHGs thing. I mean, honestly, I am really annoyed that we have heard NOTHING from the "moving agent" who was assigned to us. She has not returned calls or emails. Our things are supposed to be here by 24 August and as of this moment they are still in a warehouse in Plant City, FL. There "might" be a driver in the morning; that gives me a bit of hope that maybe we will get to move into our new home before the long weekend. That would brighten my world for sure, but I don't want to get too excited due to not knowing for sure. But I will be excited, I really will when we move in, I promise! 

I am soooo not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just sharing my inside voice thoughts today. It's been 16 months since we had our things packed up and put into storage and I have really had a great time this past year traveling and being a nomad but I'm ready to have a bit of stability now. And like I told MiB I don't even think it's really about the "things" it's more then that. I ready to have our space again, that's it I think, just want to be in our space!

I gotta run, we are bowling tonight with the ones who are left behind when their loved ones are deployed!

No comments: