Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up!

The holiday season has kicked off! Started on Friday morning w/decorating for the BIG Wing WinterWonderland! Lots of pine cones, trees, branches, snowflakes and tea lights, it looked fab. Why I did not take a picture I do not know! Oh well. Some pictures from the event I do have!

 The newest STAR!

 The Munsy Neighbors

 Kentuckians!

On Saturday we started early on with an afternoon of Civic Leader socializing; then onto not one but two squadron Christmas parties before returning to the 'hood for the local wine tasting. Yeah, I have no pics of that either but the wine MiB and I picked out at World Market LOST! LOL that was classic. It was a pinot grigio tasting, we don't even drink white wine, we picked it out solely based on the picture on the label. I don't recommend that method cause obviously it lost :/ But the label DID have a cool picture of a horse on it!

The tree was really pretty!

 There were these SUPER CUTE little edible penguins!

 MiB helps out one of FLOGS wind blown flamingos get its hat back on!


Sunday we stayed pretty close to homes since it rained and rained and then rained some more. Though MiB did some work on the Christmas lights and we made a town run and stopped at the commissary as well!

 

But amongst the raining, the garage was dry so MiB spent some time in the garage starting on his new project...this I'm sure will make many future blog post...it's going to be a learning adventure and I can't wait to see how it all plays out...so stay tuned for that!

In due time something that will glide on H2O will come forth from our garage...

And amongst all this fun I made over 200 treat bags of various treats for the Airman Cookie Drive tomorrow. Cause ya know I just don't really do cookies...so treats it is, lemon squares, muddie buddies and smore's mix. All yummy stuff that will be devoured by our Airmen in the dorms!

Hope you had a great weekend! We were busy but life is good :)

No comments: