Friday, January 6, 2012

Very sad day in the Blue...

These are not the days you want to live through, but you make it happen and somehow do.

We have lost a member of Team Barksdale. One of our elite EOD troops was killed yesterday in Afghanistan, it was a young one, with a young wife. My heart breaks for her...

After our visit with her this morning she has been constantly on my mind as I imagine the things she will have to face over the course of the next few days, weeks, months, years. You never think it will be you, I am sure this was not in her life plan, she is going to have some rough days ahead, I spoke this to her, and I told her nothing can prepare anyone to go through a situation such as this, but to please know that she is not alone. We, your AF family, are right here with you, for you, to help you in any way we can as you begin to navigate this unforeseen situation...what else is there to say? My heart is so very heavy. I CANNOT even begin to imagine what she is going through, I pray, that's what I do and I will continue to do so throughout the days, weeks, and months ahead.

There are no more words that come to me. I am still so very thankful for those who serve and so sad that this is the reality of that service...

No comments: