Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful for Christ

I am so very thankful that I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This is something I am extremely happy about, something that I am thrilled to have had for a number of years. I did not have one of those life changing adult come to Jesus conversions. I know people who have, their stories are usually very emotional. I am thankful for them and the relationship they have found  but I am thankful God had a different plan for me.

I was a little girl who attended Vacation Bible School in the early 70s and felt a tug in my heart that sent me seeking out Brother Willard. He was a very tall man and he always had a smile on his face. He was the preacher at Calvary Baptist Church in my town. I told him I wanted to have Jesus in my heart. He took me into his office and talked with me and then we talked with my dad and I prayed with Brother Willard to ask Jesus to come into my heart. I know I was young, but I also know with everything a 7 year old knows that I made a decision and I have stuck with that choice. I am not saying I haven't had issues or sinned, but I know that there is not a question or doubt in my mind about the relationship that started way back when. I am forever grateful to those who prayed for me along the way, who discipled me, who held me accountable, who taught me and who loved. It's not always been an easy road, but it has always been a relationship, a continually growing one. And honestly, it has waxed and waned (only on my part!) However, I have always known that I am forgiven, known that I am accepted and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I have a place in eternity. It gives me hope, it helps me to have purpose, it's important to me. I do not find it always easy or enjoyable but for me I find it necessary. It does not make me perfect, I am far from it, but I have grace. If you do not believe in God, I am sorry, if you are offended by my post, I am not sorry, it's my blog, I get to write what I want. If you are not the believin' kind, I say to you, what do you have to lose? In my opinion not much really, but you have everything to gain. If you are uncertain you may want to "check you hold card" as BW used to say and I'll leave it at that.

So back to my original thought...I am forever grateful for Jesus Christ and the relationship I have with him.

No comments: