Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Being Thankful...

November, being the month of Thanksgiving and all I am going to try and make daily post (I said TRY) of things I am thankful for... what are you thankful for? Even in the worst of times and situations I think there are always things we can be thankful for that we tend to forget and also take for granted. If you are living in America, you have the BIG ONE, your freedom. Too many of us take that one for granted.

That is the one I am using for today. I am thankful for my F R E E D O M and for the men and women who continue to bring it to us every day. I am thankful I am able to be around those men and women every day, they are awesome people! These folks are real heroes and they don't even act like it's any big deal, they are "just doing their job" Yeah right, but I also like it that they are modest and humble or whatever you want to call it about it. that makes them all the more cooler!

So thank you to all the men and women in the armed services, you are responsible for our freedom and I for one am VERY THANKFUL for that.

And today I also remember the birthday of one who has gone on...a neat guy, a real character so to speak! I know he is deeply missed by his family. They have carried on, become stronger, maybe a bit more tender, maybe not nonetheless they still think of you and talk about you ofter. 

RIP Papa


No comments: