I am making a new chili recipe to take to the Commander's house, I sure hope it taste good. It is a vegetarian recipe and it uses carrots and sweet potatoes. This is the recipe but again I am roasting my veggies not sauteing. I also doubled the recipe. I will let you know if I like it!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preparation:Saute onions and garlic in olive oil for a minute or two, then add sweet potatoes, carrots and bell pepper until onions are soft, about 5-6 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium low, and add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine well.
Simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes, until flavors have mingled and vegetables are cooked.
I spent my morning at PWOC and then my afternoon was at the Airman's Attic, a quick stop at the commissary again for the "cold" stuff I needed and then straight on home where I am prepping for the chili above and dinner tonight. I am hoping to finish getting pictures for the claim as well. Then I am praying an early arrival home this evening from MiB so we can enjoy a quiet evening at home!
Since it IS THURSDAY here are some of my thoughts!
- I love fall, where is it?
- Need some new wardrobe items...
- Wish I could be in two places at once...
- Ready for a road trip to Dallas & SPRINKLES!
- Going to MO in a few days for a wedding, woohoo!