Friday, October 14, 2011

31 Days of Military Life ~ Day 14

It was a great day for a picnic! I am glad it was a good afternoon. The morning was somber as we attended a memorial service for a young, way too young Airman. He left behind a young wife and an even younger little girl. I cannot even begin to fathom the shoes she is walking in right now. I can pray for her to continue to have strength and I will, I think she is doing good in the big scheme of things, but this is not just a one day thing, she will live everyday on this earth without him, the love of her life and although I did not know him nor her until today, I am grieved. But I committed to pray for her and I will, it is the least I can do.

So, again it was a great day for picnic, the weather was awesome and the food and drinks were plentiful and we enjoyed seeing our fellow Airman enjoying this event. It is wonderful to be in a community that takes such great care of our Airman, we are looked after, and given offers to help without a second thought. They are always saying , please let us know if we can help. Let us know if there is anything we can do. We are really supported and it is a good thing. This is not just unique to LA, we have had great community support in OK, CO, FL and NE as well, it's amazing and wonderful and sometimes very humbling.

So I am finishing the chili that I talked about yesterday, I have tweaked the recipe a bit, as I did roast the veggies and I have also added corn to the pot along with a small can of rotel sauce. Did you even know they had such a thing? I did not but saw it amongst the tomato products so grab one to add to the chili. I just hope it does not add too much kick, I'm a wimp and I want to enjoy this chili!It's just a little can so it should be fine!

Gotta run change clothes for the third time today and head on out for the gathering. Hope you have a happy and safe evening!

Oh and I am smiling extra big cause I talked to LilBlue today and that always makes my day! She is going to be in MO for the wedding so I will see her for a couple days! WOOOHOOOO that REALLY makes me smile :)


No comments: