Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 Days of Military Life ~ Day 16

So it was late last night and somewhat early today...that's my life, crazy like that and I love it...most of the time! LOL

The 5:45 a.m. phone call was a GREAT, okay, seriously on a Sunday a.m. it was a not so GREAT! It was not the way to I wanted to wake up this morning. And honestly, when the crackberry goes off before 6 a.m. I already know it's not good. So I just start prayin. Same is true when it rings after midnight, you know it's not good.  It wasn't good, another DUI, crap, uh, I mean darn! I mean really, can we just use some sense around here folks. You are the nation's best and brightest, you are protecting the entire FREEDOM's of our nation and for that matter the freedoms of many other nations as well. Then you go make the most STUPID decision of all to operate a vehicle under the influence.

Okay, you're done, we have just lost a lot of training dollars, manhours of many not to mention you have just ruined your career, was it worth it? Well at this moment, you may not realize the horror of your error and thank God no one was injured in your escapade. But trust me you were downright dumb to do that. We have a 24 hour manned phone to drive you should you find yourself in this type situation, my husband has personally given out his cell number to over 2/3 of you on this base, you have friends, remember, it's called a WINGMAN, and you still made this decision to operate a motor vehicle under the influence.

Lest you think this is a big military issue, it is not, it happens in the civilian world as well, daily and it's not the alcoholic joe, it's lawyer's and doctor's too, the drink makes eveyone stupid. Either stay off it or have a plan. It's not like there aren't options, ever heard of a cab? Yeah, a friend will come to get you at 3 a.m. and they won't mind, especially, to save your life or the lives of someone else. However, I would be remiss if I don't add in that if you are calling every weekend there is a problem. You are drinking too much and you are drinking without a plan, BOTH are unacceptable. Get a life. If you are only finding life in a bottle or can you need some help, get it, it's out there.

So on to phone call number two...not so bad 7:45 a.m. I am still lightly awake from the first call. Off to work for hubby today, we are playing so that in the event real things happen we are ready. In our world this is an "EXERCISE" and it's what keeps us top notch. So I am now up and ready to tackle my day since all prior plans have been derailed...no pancake and bacon breakfast and movie this a.m. it's now a little laundry, cleaning and commissary run along with a few off base stops as well. It's all good, it's another gorgeous day out and I'm nearly ready to meet the public and get on with living.


Take care and enjoy your Sunday no matter what you chose to do :)


1 comment:

Susie said...

I can't imagine all the pressures that military life brings. It must be frustrating to watch people make big mistakes like that.