Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 8 - Laptop

I am a computer type of gal...well sort of! Who would have thought that. I also love, love, love having the internet at my fingertips. Literally, I have it on my phone, we have wi-fi in our house allowing me to take my laptop with me anywhere and be connected. I do love it and when I am somewhere I cannot/do not have this easy access I can get/be a bit c.r.a.n.k.y. This is the case when we travel and when we visit family. Crazy I know but it's true.

My laptop with me in bed on a recent lazy morning :)

Being in MO with family is killer as there is NO internet at my parents. We have a few wi-fi options but you have to "drive to town" so to speak, thank goodness for Mickey D's, and Hardee's! LOL Anyway, I enjoy internet, what did we do before that? I remember when we first got internet. We really didn't Twin #2 did. He was living with us at the time and he wanted to get it and see what it was all about. I really didn't think it was all that great. It wasn't until we moved to COS that I fully got the whole internet thing. I loved it, I used it and I truly cannot imagine life without it. We were dial up f.o.r.e.v.e.r. In fact it wasn't until we lived in Italy that we had the high-speed stuff! Then when we came back to the states we stuck with that. It's amazing stuff.

If I were getting to be really extravagant and all I would be sportin' an Apple iPad...but since I'm not I am happy to use my trusty little ole HP, she's working fine. Now that's not to say that I won't upgrade someday, but for now I'm good with what I got! 

Hmmm, guess this is more about internet then laptop but it's really my laptop that I use the internet on the most so it works. I have no idea the statistics but in my world most ordinary people I know have internet. Most people I know even have it on their phone. I know we are not feeling like it is truly a necessity but I certainly feel that I would choose to have it over something else. Like for us we like internet better then cable, therefore, we do not have cable we have internet. It's  choices...most of life is! That's definitely a look at my ordinary life!

Check here if you are clueless of the Day+# thing...

No comments: